Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year, New Me

When I first set out to do this blog, I had my hopes high on becoming some sort of journalist. I wanted to write about things one might read on an internet column or the likes of. With all the adversities in the way of all my dreams, my career path takes many changes in its course. It's apparent that I will not me any sort of writer. That being the case, I've joined the millions of bloggers before me and created this one. I will follow intheir footsteps and try to actively blog about what I see fit, for my own personal uses, not for any professional gain. That being said, here is the first post for 2010.

2009 was a year of firsts for me. First time for yoga, Zumba, first concerts: rock, symphonic and comedy. First hangover, second hangover....third and what I swore was the last hangover. It was a great year, and although I've been an adult to society for officially 4 years, it was a growing up experience for me. Little experiences for me all tied together to help me grow up even more and continue to find myself. The person I found was there the whole time, but was in hiding for a few years. I remember that person at 15 years old being carefree yet responsible, caring, outgoing, courageous. What put that person into hiding, I have no clue. What brought her out? I have no clue, but I love her and she's not going anywhere. 2010 is not just a new year, but it is also a new woman for Z and she is coming out strong and on top.

This year starts with a bang for me. I start a new, fast-paced degree program. Hopefully the year will be full of new experiences yet and hopefully tomorrow will always be fresh and new and exciting for me to fulfill the advantageous part of me that I want to hold on to.

No comments:

Post a Comment